Morning y'all! How are you this fine morning? Me I'm back to freezing my buns off after having a day in the 80's yesterday. Weird Texas weather that's all I have to say. I think my family is finally on the mend though. Shortman woke up this morning and wanted to get up and eat so that's a great sign. Anyway today I thought I would share the first part of a series on getting to know me. Now I know I've shared a few things with you in the past but I thought perhaps it was time to delve back into who I am as I have some new readers and well sometimes I'm a mystery even to myself. So, this first part is all about my quirks. Yep I have them. I know your looking at me going wow you look so normal.
Yep that's me totally normal! Not had ya fooled didn't I? Probably not since a lot of you have probably read more then one post by me but here are some of my weird quirks.
1. I know y'all probably have read about my advertion to doing laundry but did ya know that I will simply let the clean stuff pile up around my house forever until there is no where to sit before folding it. I know totally defeats the purpose but I really hate laundry. Please mom do not read this post! She would die if she walked into my house on one of those days.
2. I love to talk on the phone and do dishes or fold laundry it distracts me from what I'm doing and actually I get things done a lot faster.
3. It drives me crazy when guys wear ties and they are totally crooked. I use to have to fix it for them now I turn around a walk the other way. It's hard enough getting my kids to keep their own ties straight. I know so weird.
4. I watch pride and prejudice just about every time I clean my room. I have no idea why but I always seem to be in the mood for it and it takes me that long to get my room plus bathroom and closet clean. Yep that's sad hu?
5. I have the patients of a gold fish! The hubs is one of those I'll get to it when I get to it people and let me tell ya I love him but it drives me insane. If he doesn't do it within like 10 mins of me asking I will simply do it myself.
6. I use to bite my finger nails now they are naturally so long that sometimes they really are in the way and people are always thinking they are fake. I promise they are mine. I just had this cute guy pay attention to me when I was a teenager and from then on out I stopped biting my finger nails. At least that's how my mom tells the story. She's probably thanking that guy a million times over.
7. I don't wear shorts ever! Okay maybe not ever but I certainly don't wear them often. I know I live in Texas and don't wear shorts. Ladies and Gents I do not tan and I am a white, white, white girl okay. We are talking glow in the dark kind of white. Plus have freckles which are kind of the bane of my existence. So no shorts for this lady. Capri's sometimes but shorts not often plus I have long legs and refuse to wear shorts that you can see my bootee in.
8. I use to and maybe I still do make this weird noise when I concentrate. My dad says it sounds like the phone needs to be hung up. Gee thanks Dad! He still teases me about it to this day. Sad thing is I never realize when I'm doing it.
9. Alright I can't believe I'm owning up to this one but I use to sleep with my pink blanket even when I was in high school. I did take it to college with me but I just sat on my bed. Wow so glad I out grew that weirdness. I still have it was saving it for when we have a girl but I only seem to have boys so maybe for one of my nieces.
10. I am in no way an animal person yet we have two dogs. I know kind of strange that I would let the hubs get dogs but they are growing on me. Although I hate that they have destroyed our back yard. But I can't seem to have the heart to get rid of them. Crazy loveable, yet destructive twosome that they are. My mom thinks I'm crazy. I just smile and shrug. I probably a little crazy after all they are boys as well so I am totally out numbered in this house. Just call me the crazy lady with four boys and two dogs. Yep that's me.
So, there you have it folks a few of my weird quirks and I hope that you will still stick around and read my blog after this! I'm sure we all have weird quirks. Stay tuned for more about me as I will be sharing about being a mom, photographer, teacher, and whatever else I've done in this life. Life is grand so go have a great day y'all.